Throughout the driving practical test, your examiner will be looking for an overall safe standard of driving, including when you are carrying out the set exercises. You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass the test (16 or more results in failure). However, if you commit one serious or dangerous fault you will fail the test.
Part one of this article included few driving practical test show me tell me questions. Here are some of the other Show me tell me questions and answers which might help you for your practical test. Learn all the show me tell me questions and pass your driving test in first attempt.
1) Power Steering: Q: Show me / explain how you would check that the power assisted steering is working before starting a journey.
A: If the steering becomes heavy the system may not be working properly. Before starting a journey two checks can be made. With the wheel turned slightly, maintained while the engine is started, you notice a slight movement in the wheel as the system begins to operate. Alternatively turning the steering wheel just after moving off will give an instant indication the power steering is functioning ok.
2) Headlights and taillights : Q: Show me how you would check that the headlights and tail lights are working.
A: Turn on ignition (if necessary), operate switch for lights, and walk round the vehicle.
3) Parking/handbrake: Q : Show me how you would check the parking brake for excessive wear.
A: Demonstrate by applying the handbrake and when it is fully applied it secures itself, and is not at the end of the working travel.
4) Tyre tread depth: Q: Tell me how you would check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and their general condition is safe to use on the road.
A: No cuts or bulges, 1.6mm of tread depth across the central 3/4 of the breadth of the tyre and around the entire circumference.
5) Direction indicators: Q. Show me how you would check that the direction indicators are working.
A. Apply indicators or hazard warning lights and check all indicators.
6) Horn: Q. Show me how you would check that the horn is working (off road only).
A. Turn on ignition (if necessary). Operate horn.
Research undertaken by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) suggests that drivers who pass first time are the best prepared. Take your driving lessons with the best driving schools and learn all the aspect of driving as learner driver. 123driving.co.uk gives you the complete set of show me tell me safety questions and answers which could be asked in your practical driving test. These flash demos which depict the practical view of the questions. Just by looking at the flash demo, you can get to know the show me tell me answers and car parts which help you to learn the parts of car and their functionality as well as for your driving test.